Yes, The Town and Village require you to obtain a rental permit and have a thorough building and safety inspection prior to anyone taking occupancy. The application can be obtained in the Code Enforcement Office, and the fee for the permit would be paid once the application has been submitted, then the inspection will be performed, which the current tenant must be present for (unless unit is vacant, then the landlord must be present) or a waiver by the tenant can be signed to allow access while they are not home, providing all items are in order the rental permit can be issued.

Town of Evans Newsletter

In an effort to communicate more efficiently with our residents, we have implemented this notification system. Please take a moment and register.